As you may know it is possible to download iOS 10 beta 2 without UDID ahead of public release of the update. At this year’s WWDC keynote Apple officially announced the next major update to iOS: iOS 10. Just after this event Apple seeded the first developer beta for the this major software release.
This next Apple’s mobile operating system works on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch lineup and comes with a bulk of new additions, from major tweaks to the way 3D Touch works to changes to the lock screen, Music, News and even more sweeping changes to Messages.
The first developer beta was launched to developers in June, and now Apple has seeded the second beta, which will be one of many before the public release later autumn.
Since the first beta arrived, it’s been discovered that there’s a Dark Mode embedded in the software, but it is not as far-reaching as some might like. Here are a few other major new additions to iOS 10 that have been discovered since the first beta was seeded.
- Messages now has Low Quality Image Mode toggle in Settings
- Maps now includes option for ‘Show Parked Location’ plus feature explanation in Settings
- there’s a new Rest Finger to Unlock option in Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button which lets you switch back to the old way of unlocking that didn’t require a press of the Home button.
- Control Center 3D Touch options have tweaked language, icons
- Apple News now offers subscriptions for content, and there are push notifications for breaking stories and now it is a “removable” app
- Music now has Shuffle option from Songs section (previously had to play a song before shuffling)
- App Store now works with Split View on supported iPads
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
9.7-inch iPad Pro
12.9-inch iPad Pro
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
iPad Air, iPad mini 2
iPad (4th generation Model)
iPod touch (6th generation)