Here is useful guide on how to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1 device in case you accidentally have upgraded your iDevice to the latest Apple's update. Apple has launched its latest mobile operating system with a several new features including Proactive Assistant for Siri and Search, revamped Notes app, Transit directions in Maps, brand new News app and more. But currently there is no public jailbreak for iOS 9 devices.
Unfortunately, iOS 8.4 singing window is closed and it is impossible to downgrade to this firmware, which can be jailbroken using TaiG jailbreak. So downgrading may not be very useful if you were planning to do it to jailbreak your iOS device.
Important notes before proceed:
- This iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1 downgrade process will only work till the iOS 8.4.1 firmware singing window will be opened. Once the iOS 8.4.1 signing window will be closed the downgrade will be impossible.
- Please take backup of your iOS device to iCloud or via iTunes in case something goes wrong during downgrade process.
- Downgrading is not recommended by Apple so proceed at your own risk. So before start the downgrade process check the status of iOS 8.4.1.
How To Downgrade From iOS 9 To iOS 8.4.1If you have an iDevice that has been updated to iOS 9 and decided it’s not for you for whatever reason, you can revert back to the prior release. There are two methods to downgrade your device. But we offer to follow the below tutorial, as it is safe and offer successful result
Step 1. You now need to put your device in DFU mode:
- Connect your device to computer.
- Now you need to turn off the device. So hold the Power or Sleep/Wake button and swipe it off.
- Now please hold the Power button again for about three seconds
- Press the Home button while holding the Power button for about ten seconds
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button till iTunes will show the message that it has detected that your device is in Recovery mode.
Step 2. Tap on the Ok button.
Step 3. Then tap on the Restore iPhone button.
Step 4. To continue tap on the Restore and Update button.
Step 5. On the next screen, you will see iOS 8.4.1 update information. Click on the Next button, followed by the Agree button to continue.
Step 6. iTunes will now download the iOS 8.4.1 software and install it on your device. Wait for a while as this process may take around 10 minutes.
Step 7. When iOS 8.4.1 is successfully installed, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device and restore your personal data.
Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1 process is done. Your iPhone should now be successfully run iOS 8.4.1 firmware. Hurry up, as you don't have so much time to downgrade back to iOS 8.4.1 because iOS 8.4.1 signing window can be closed at any time.