In this post we offer guide how to downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4. So if you accidentally upgraded your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to 8.4.1 firmware or want to jailbreak your device, then the good news is that you can downgrade your device to 8.4. At present time Apple is still signing the iOS 8.4 firmware file, so you can use this tutorial and then jailbreak your device using TaiG jailbreak.
Apple has launched iOS 8.4.1 just few days back, which includes several bug fixes and improvements for Apple Music. this latest public update also patched several vulnerabilities used by the TaiG team to develop jailbreak iOS 8.4 jailbreak, which means it is not possible to jailbreak iOS 8.4.1 currently.
Note that you need to hurry up as Apple could stop signing any moment.
How To Downgrade iOS 8.4.1 To 8.4 On iDeviceImportant tips:
- You will be able to downgrade back only to iOS 8.4 and as long as Apple continues to sign iOS 8.4 firmware file.
- Don't forget to take a backup of your iDevice to iCloud or using iTunes so if something goes wrong you can restore from the backup at any time.
- Apple doesn’t recommend downgrading so please proceed at your own risk.
- To check if Apple is still signing the firmware file, visit this website. Green rows with a tick means that Apple is still signing the firmware file, and you can downgrade from iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4.
This is safe method is time-consuming as it involves restoring data from backup.
Step 1. You now need to put your device in DFU mode:
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake or Power button and swiping it off.
- Now hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Start holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button and continue holding the Home button till you receive a popup from iTunes that it has detected that your device is in Recovery mode.
Step 3. Tap on the Restore iPhone button.
Step 4. Then tap on the Restore and Update button to continue.
Step 6. iTunes will now download the iOS 8.4 software and install it on your device. It will take around 10 minutes.
Step 7. After it is successfully restored to iOS 8.4, you should see the white ‘Helo’ screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device, and restore your device from the backup to restore your personal data.
The downgrade iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 8.4 process is done successfully.