Here is all information about watchOS 2 beta features that you can read below. Apple company has recently introduced a new Apple Watch operating system update at WWDC 2015. This new beta update brought some much needed features since the Apple Watch was initially launched. Here is short overview of Apple Watch new watchOS 2 features.
The first feature is New Watch Faces. So now you can choose from single photo face, time-lapse face or photo album face.
Third-Party Complications. From now with watchOS app developers can make their own complications with the aim to show information from the app (ex. show flight time, show sports scores, charge level of electric car, and more).
Time Travel. This useful feature allows you to rotate digital crown and time will go forward or backward to show things that are coming up such as Calendar events and more.
Nightstand Mode. When putting your Watch to charge it’ll display a new nightstand mode.
Add Friends feature. Now with watchOS 2 beta you will be able to add contacts to Friends from wearable. Friends groups feature allows user to group a set of friends together.
Also you can find features such as:
- Digital Touch improvements brought multiple color drawings.
- Activation Lock
- The ability to answer to email via Apple Watch.
- Third-party apps will now run natively on wearable device.
- WatchOS 2 brings the ability to watch video on the Watch.
- FaceTime Audio
- Siri Improvements. Users get the ability to control things in your home (HomeKit), and show Glances
- Other watchOS 2 beta features are:
- Apple Pay improvements
- Maps Improvement
Currently only the Apple Developer Program registered members can download and install the new watchOS 2 beta update. According to reports the final watchOS 2 version will be released this fall.